Greenwood Lake Elementary School Library
Welcome to the Greenwood Lake Elementary School Library Webpage!
- Students will have library with their homeroom teacher once a week
- Students will choose books weekly upon returning any borrowed materials
- Open library is available to third grade students first thing in the morning for quick transactions
- Students will be expected to respect the library and the materials at all times
- Students will need to learn their student ID to be able to check out a book
- Students will always be encouraged to read books appropriate for their age/reading level
- When choosing books, it is good to think about the five finger rule:
- Choose a book that you think you will enjoy.
- Read the second page.
- Hold up a finger for each word you are not sure of, or do not know.
- If there are five or more words you did not know, you should choose an easier book
- As the library is a shared space, students are asked to be quiet and respectful at all times
- Please take care of all library materials
- How to care for books:
- Never mark or write in library books
- Be careful turning pages so they won't wrinkle or tear
- Keep library books away from food and drinks
- Keep library books in a special place at home
- Return library books on time so others can read them
- Students must return their borrowed library book in order to take out a new one
- If students forget their book, they may choose a book to put on hold until the borrowed book is returned
- If a book is lost or destroyed, parents will be responsible for paying the library fine.