Writing Workshop Basics
Philosophy of Writing Workshop
Writing Workshop is an approach that…
- Encourages independence
- Gives writers a high degree of choice within a framework and genre
- Has a regular and consistent structure
- Builds stamina and volume in writing – Students write everyday!
- Teachers teach writing everyday!
- Focuses on the PROCESS of writing, not just the PRODUCT
- Uses literature to teach the craft of writing
- Students will write independently with stamina.
- Students will write to communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students will write organized responses to text based questions.
- Students will use vocabulary that matches the purpose of writing.
- Students will apply spelling strategies.
- Students will use legible handwriting.